ContoursQuartz composer patch · 11/13/15
Download Contours.plugin.zip — Last updated 11/13/15
- Download Contours.plugin above.
- Drag the plugin file to
/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins/.
- Create a new composition from within Quartz Composer and search for "Contours" in the Library.
Input Port Documentation
The function to contour, as a string. Mathematical functions like
ln, etc. are recognized. 3 variables are passed to the function:
$t(the current time value of the patch). The contour algorithm assumes the output of this function is between -1 and 1.
- The width/height of the output contours.
- Contours Depth
- The depth of the output contours.
- Grid Divisions
- The size of the sample grid. Higher values yield more accurate contour lines, although can slow down Quartz Composer significantly. The total number of samples taken will be the square of this value.
- Number of Lines
- The number of contour lines to compute between function values -1 and 1.
- Line Thickness
- The thickness of contour lines in pixels.
- Bottom Color
- The color of contour line at the bottom. Color is interpolated between bottom and top.
- Top Color
- The color of the contour line at the top.
- Noise Frequency
- Perlin noise frequency to add on top of contoured function. Higher frequency values result in more jittery noise.
- Noise Scale
- Amount of Perlin noise to add to contoured function.
- Noise Speed
- Speed of Perlin noise shift. High values result in a chaotic function.